Mailbox size limit exceeded
- To check your mailbox storage, log in to iiNet Webmail.
- Select Settings.
- Your mailbox storage will be shown next to Quota.
Please note: This display will only update after you have logged out and logged back in to Webmail.
- If your mailbox is over the quota limit, your ability to receive email will be interrupted. You must delete emails to reduce the size of your mailbox.
- To view emails by order of Size, select the 2 Pane view icon in the top right.
- While viewing your Inbox, select Size to sort your mail. A downwards arrow indicates mail sorted by largest to smallest, and an upwards arrow indicates mail sorted by smallest to largest.
- Select emails, then use the Delete button to move them to Trash. You can select More > Select all to select all emails on the page.
- Mail must be emptied from the Trash to truly reduce the size of your mailbox. Select Trash, then click the Empty button and select OK to delete mail permanently.
- To automatically empty the Trash each time you log out of Webmail, select Settings, then set Deleted Trash on Logout to ON.
Tips for keeping your mailbox under quota
- You may need to delete mail from other folders, not just your inbox.
- Using Webmail to manage your mails is a great option as you are dealing with the mail server directly. Deleting mail from third party email programs may not delete it from the mail server.
- Forwarding emails with images or documents attached can lead to your Sent folder growing in size. Check the size of your email folders on a regular basis.
- Unsubscribe from any regular unwanted emails such as newsletters or sales offers.
- Back up any important emails to your computer or another storage device, rather than using the mail server for long-term storage.
- If you make use of email forwarding, turn off Local Delivery to ensure that emails are forwarded without leaving a copy of them on the mail server. Learn more.