Activate your Mobile SIM
Please note: Your mobile handset must not be locked to a specific provider. We cannot unlock handsets.
- Wait for your SIM to arrive before you attempt to activate.
- Log in to Toolbox.
Note: If you're activating a new Mobile number and don't have alternative mobile number to receive your passcode to log in to Toolbox, please call us on 13 22 58 to verify your identity and activate your SIM.
- Select Get Started.
- New mobile numbers and replacement SIMs typically activate within a few hours, but please allow up to 48 hours for SIM activation.
- If you’re porting your mobile number to iiNet from another provider, make sure your current mobile service is active and ready to receive an SMS. Tick the checkboxes and hit Activate SIM Card.
- A porting authorisation SMS will be sent to your mobile number such as the example below.
"Use XXXXXX as your verification code to transfer this mobile number to iiNet. Please do not reply to this SMS"
Enter the code and click Verify Code. This will start the porting process which takes approximately 3 hours and will only occur during these times:
Monday to Friday: 8 AM to 8 PM AET
Saturday: 10 AM to 6 PM AET
- Keep using your old SIM until it stops working, then that's your cue to switch to your new iiNet SIM.
If you have any issues, please call us on 13 22 58 and we'll be happy to help.