Set up FTTH
Follow the instructions below to set up your iiNet FTTH (Fibre to the Home) services such as OptiComm or RedTrain.
First, ensure you have:
- Your iiNet TG-789 modem.
- A message from us advising you to plug in your modem.
- An electrical outlet near your FTTH Connection Box.
- Connect the power cables from your modem's Power Port to an electrical outlet.
- Connect the included Ethernet cable from the red WAN port on your modem to the LAN1 port on your FTTH Connection Box.
- Make sure the electrical outlet for your modem is on, and press the modem's Power button.
- Allow 15 minutes for your modem to boot up and connect automatically.
- Check the lights on your modem. If the Internet light is green, you can start connecting your devices and getting online.
- To plug in additional devices via Ethernet cable, simply connect the Ethernet cables to any of the four yellow LAN ports on your modem.
- If you wish to use your iiNet Netphone service, plug a compatible handset into the grey Phone1 port on your modem.
- If you wish to connect your devices via WiFi, you'll find the WiFi name and password on the barcode sticker at the bottom of your modem.
We recommend connecting over the 5GHz WiFi channel for faster performance. See Improving WiFi Signal.