Cancel or close your iiNet account
To cancel or close an account, please call us on 1300 796 178.
If you're overseas, you can cancel or close your account by calling +61 8 9214 2222.
How to transfer your mobile/phone number from iiNet to another provider
If you’re transferring your mobile number to another provider, you’ll need to organise it through your new mobile provider.
To transfer your number to another to another provider:
- You must be the account holder.
- The number must be active with us at the time of the transfer.
- You will need to provide your new provider with your iiNet account number, which can be found on your invoice or by logging in to Toolbox.
How much will it cost to close my account?
If you cancel your service or change providers before your service contract is complete, you may incur a contract break fee. These fees are set out in the Pricing Schedule within our Customer Relationship Agreement.
How will I be charged on my final invoice?
Final invoices are issued on the next billing date after disconnection. Your final invoice will go to the email address on file for your account. Please ensure that you provide us with an active email address for your final invoice. If you don’t receive your final invoice, give us a call on 13 22 58.
iiNet services are billed in advance. When you cancel a service, any unused amount you paid in advance will be credited back to your iiNet account, calculated from your cancellation date onwards.
We must then wait for our billing system to raise your next invoice. Any credit on your iiNet account will be used to balance charges on your final invoice. If there's not enough credit to balance all of the charges, the remaining amount due can be paid in the same way you usually pay your iiNet invoices.
How do I request a refund if my final invoice is in credit?
If any credit remains on your account after your final invoice has been settled, it can be refunded to your nominated bank account or credit card. Please call us on 13 22 58 to request a refund.
Once my account is closed, will I be able to access my invoice?
You can download your invoice from your email for up to 90 days after it is issued. You won’t be able to access your invoice through Toolbox.
Once my account is closed, will I be able to access Toolbox?
No. You won’t be able to access Toolbox.
Once my account is closed, what will happen to my iiNet email address(es)?
- All iiNet email addresses on your account will be deleted unless you make arrangements to continue them as standalone mailboxes at a cost of $25/year per mailbox.
- You will no longer be able to send mail from or receive mail to the email addresses.
- You will not be able to download existing email from the mail server. If you have any important emails in your iiNe mailbox, you must save them to a folder on your computer. Your email program (e.g. Outlook) may not save existing emails locally on your computer, meaning you may not be able to read these emails in the future.
Once my account is closed, will I be able to access my iiNet voicemail?
No. You won’t be able to access the voicemail for any iiNet phone or mobile services, including saved voicemail.
Can I close an account if I’m not the account holder?
No. Only the account holder may request to close the account, unless a person has Power of Attorney and wishes to act on behalf of the account holder. Learn more.