Troubleshooting NBN FTTP for No Connection
Please follow the steps below and proceed to next step if the issue persists.
Step 1) Check Network Status
- Check your address on NBN Co's Network status and outages page to see if an unforeseen incident or planned maintenance is affecting your connection.
- Visit our Network Status page to see if any known issues in your area are affecting your connection.
Step 2) Check your cables
- Locate your indoor NBN™ Network Connection Box and modem and ensure that they are connected correctly.
- Check that all cables are in good condition and plugged in securely, without any kinks.
Step 3) Restart your NBN™ Network Connection Box and modem
- Locate your indoor NBN™ equipment - this will be a Connection Box and a Power Supply unit. This is most commonly installed on the inside of an outer wall of the premises, sometimes in the garage.
- Turn off the electrical outlets for both the Power Supply Unit and your NBN™ modem and leave them off for at least 60 seconds.
- Turn both outlets back on and wait for the box and modem lights to settle.
- Attempt to view a website.
- If your NBN™ Connection Box status lights are unlit or red after rebooting, please call us on 13 22 58 for assistance.
Step 4) Check your home network
- Attempt to view a website on other devices connected to your modem via WiFi or Ethernet cable
- If your device is connected via WiFi, stand next to your modem to rule out any WiFi signal issues.
- If you can view websites on devices connected via Ethernet cable but not on WiFi, switch to troubleshooting WiFi No Connection.
- If you lose your WiFi connection in certain parts of your home, see our guide on improving WiFi signals.
- If you can view websites on some devices but not others, see our guide on Browsing issues.