Set up Ultra Broadband FTTB
Follow the instructions below to set up your ULTRA FTTB.
First, ensure you have:
- Your iiNet TP-Link VR1600v modem.
- A message from us advising you to plug in your modem.
- An electrical outlet near your telephone wall socket.
- Connect the power cables from your modem's Power Port to an electrical outlet.
- Connect the included phone cable from the grey DSL port on your modem to your telephone wall socket.
Some premises may require a Network Termination Unit (NTU), ensure the NTU is powered and use the included phone cable from the Uplink port to your telephone wall socket and another phone cable from the Modem port to the grey DSL port on your modem.
- Make sure the electrical outlet for your modem is on, and press the modem's Power button.
- Allow 15 minutes for your modem to boot up and connect automatically.
- Check the lights on your modem. If the Internet light is green, you can start connecting your devices and get online.
- To plug in additional devices via Ethernet cable, simply connect the Ethernet cables to any of the four yellow LAN ports on your modem.
- If you wish to use your Ultra FTTB Phone service, plug a compatible handset into the grey Phone1 port on your modem.
- If you wish to connect your devices via WiFi, you'll find the WiFi name and password on the barcode sticker at the bottom of your modem.
We recommend connecting over the 5GHz WiFi channel for faster performance. See Improving WiFi Signal.