Troubleshooting NBN HFC for Dropouts
Please follow the steps below and proceed to next step if the issue persists.
Step 1) Restart your NBN™ Connection Box and modem
- Locate your NBN™ Connection Box. This will be connected to a cable wall socket inside your premises.
- Turn off your NBN™ Connection Box and leave it off for at least 60 seconds.
- Turn off your modem and leave it off for at least 60 seconds.
- Turn your NBN™ Connection Box and modem back on and wait for the modem lights to settle.
- Continue monitoring for dropouts.
Step 2) Check your connection on other devices
- When your connection drops out, check other devices connected to your modem via WiFi or Ethernet cable to see if they've dropped out, too.
- If your device is connected via WiFi, stand next to your modem to rule out any WiFi signal issues.
- If devices connected via Ethernet cable stay online when devices connected via WiFi drop out, switch to troubleshooting WiFi Dropouts.
- If you only lose your WiFi connection in certain parts of your home, see our guide on improving WiFi signals.
Step 3) Check your cables
- Ensure that your modem is connected correctly.
- Check that all cables connected to your modem are in good condition and plugged in securely, without any kinks.
Step 4) Make a note of your NBN™ Connection Box details
- To investigate your issue, we'll also need the Serial Number and CMAC Number of your NBN™ Connection Box.
- These details can be found on the unit's barcode sticker, as shown below.