Troubleshooting WiFi Network for Dropouts
- Stand next to your modem to rule out any WiFi signal issues. Move further away and see if a dropout occurs.
- If you lose your WiFi connection in certain parts of your home, see our guide on improving WiFi signals.
- Check if you experience the same WiFi dropouts using a different device. If some devices drop out but others don't, the devices that drop out may be faulty. If you suspect this is the case, seek replacement or repair.
- If possible, check if you experience the same dropouts on a computer or laptop connected to your modem via an Ethernet cable.
- If your connection also drops out over Ethernet, you need to troubleshoot dropouts for your broadband connection, not WiFi. Select your broadband service from the iiHelp menu, then select “My Internet is dropping out” to get your troubleshooting guide.
- Call us on 13 22 58 for further assistance with an iiNet modem. If you have a non-iiNet supplied modem, please refer to the manufacturer's website or check to see if we have your modem setup details in our common non-iiNet supplied modem guides.ite.