Troubleshooting outgoing calls for NBN Phone & Netphone
- Ensure your phone service is active. You will receive an email and/or text message from us to advise when your NBN Phone or Netphone service is active.
Note: If you are porting an existing phone number to NBN® Phone or Netphone, it may be up to another 5 working days before this transfer is complete. During this time, you will be able to make, but not receive calls.
- If you're making an International call, confirm that the correct International dialling code is being used.
- Confirm that the destination country is not blocked by default due to High risk call blocking. The affected countries are listed here.
Note: Calling cards which require users to dial an access code before the international number will NOT work with NBN Phone & Netphone services.
- Ensure that your internet connection is online. Your phone service requires working internet to operate. Visit our Network Status page to see if any known issues in your area are affecting your internet connection.
- Ensure your handset has power. Wireless handsets in particular may require charging or new batteries.
- Ensure that all cables are undamaged and plugged in securely.
- If you suspect your handset is faulty due to age and/or wear and tear, we recommend obtaining another handset for troubleshooting.
- Attempt to make a call.
- If you have never been able to make calls, please double check that you have set up the service correctly. Setup guides for iiNet modems are available here. We also show which port to plug your handset into in the appendix of this guide.
- If you have a third party modem, please check the modem manufacturer's website for support information.
- Attempt to make a call.
- Call us on 13 22 58 for further assistance.
*If you have no access to a working phone service, please email email@example.com.
Appendix - Where to plug in your handset for NBN Phone & Netphone
Select one of the links below to jump to a query:
- Appendix - Where to plug in your handset for NBN Phone & Netphone
Smart Modem Gateway (VX420-G2H) or VX420-G2V Modem
Handsets must be plugged into the green PHONE port:
Handsets must be plugged into the Phone 1 port:
TG-1 or TG-789 Broadband Gateway
Handsets must be plugged into the green Netphone port:
Handsets must be plugged into the grey Phone1 port:
Handsets must be plugged into the grey Phone port:
Budii Lite or Budii
Handsets must be plugged into the black Netphone port:
BoB2 or BoB Lite
Handsets must be plugged into the green Phone port: