Troubleshooting outgoing calls for NBN Phone & Netphone
Please follow the steps below and proceed to next step if the issue persists.
Step 1) Confirm your service is active
- You will receive an email and/or text message from us to advise when your NBN Phone or Netphone service is active.
- If you are porting an existing phone number to NBN Phone or Netphone, it may be up to another 5 working days before this transfer is complete. During this time, you will be able to make, but not receive calls.
Step 2) International calling only: check dialling code and method
- Confirm that the correct International dialling code is being used.
- Confirm that the destination country is not blocked by default due to High risk call blocking. Affected countries are listed here.
- Please note that calling cards which require users to dial an access code before the international number will NOT work with NBN Phone & Netphone services.
Step 3) Check Network Status and internet connection
- Visit our Network Status page to see if any known issues in your area are affecting your internet connection.
- Ensure that your internet connection is online. Your phone service requires working internet to operate.
Step 4) Check your handset
- Ensure your handset has power. Wireless handsets in particular may require charging or new batteries.
- Ensure that all cables are undamaged and plugged in securely.
- If you suspect your handset is faulty due to age and/or wear and tear, we recommend obtaining another handset for troubleshooting.
- Attempt to make a call.
Step 5) Check your setup
- If you have never been able to make calls, please double check that you have set up the service correctly.
- Setup guides for iiNet modems are available here. We also show which port to plug your handset into in the appendix of this guide.
- If you have a third party modem, please check the modem manufacturer's website for support information.
- Attempt to make a call.
Step 6) Call us on 13 22 58 for further assistance
*If you have no access to a working phone service, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Appendix - Where to plug in your handset for NBN Phone & Netphone
Handsets must be plugged into the Phone 1 port:
TG-1 or TG-789 Broadband Gateway
Handsets must be plugged into the green Netphone port:
Handsets must be plugged into the grey Phone1 port:
Handsets must be plugged into the grey Phone port:
Budii Lite or Budii
Handsets must be plugged into the black Netphone port:
BoB2 or BoB Lite
Handsets must be plugged into the green Phone port: