Troubleshooting 5G Home Broadband for No Connection
Please note: Your 5G Home Broadband service is only for use at the address nominated on your application. If you've moved home, please see Moving Home and contact us to make arrangements.
- Confirm that your Micro SIM card is present and fully inserted in the Micro SIM slot located on the base of your modem. If the SIM card is missing, please call us on 13 22 58.
- Ensure your modem is connected correctly, with cables in good condition and plugged in securely. Setup guides are available here.
- Turn off the electrical outlet for your modem and leave it off for at least 60 seconds.
- Turn the outlet back on and wait approximately 5 minutes for the modem lights to settle, then attempt to view a website.
- If the 5G light is off or indicates a low signal by being orange or red in colour, move your modem to another location, ideally near a window and away from direct sunlight. The Signal Direction light will indicate the direction of the strongest 5G signal.
Note: If your 5G light remains off after rebooting, please call us on 13 22 58 for assistance.
- If you're testing on a WiFi device, stand next to your modem to rule out any WiFi signal issues. Move further away and monitor the WiFi signal strength.
- If you lose your WiFi connection in certain parts of your home, see our guide on improving WiFi signals.
- Attempt to view a website on a device connected to your modem via Ethernet cable, not WiFi. If Ethernet works but WiFi doesn't, see troubleshooting WiFi No Connection.
- If you can view websites on some devices but not others, see our guide on Browsing issues.
- If you still can't get online, please call us on 13 22 58 for further assistance.