Troubleshooting Fibre Phone for Call dropouts
- Ensure all cables are undamaged and plugged in securely.
- Ensure your handset has power. Wireless handsets in particular may require charging or new batteries.
- When calling on a wireless handset, ensure you remain in range of the base station while making a call. Range varies from handset to handset; check the manufacturer's website for your handset's technical specifications.
- If you suspect your handset is faulty due to age and/or wear and tear, we recommend obtaining another handset for troubleshooting.
- Ensure that your internet connection is not dropping out at the same time as your Netphone calls by attempting to view a website. Netphone requires working internet to operate.
- Locate your indoor NBN™ equipment - this will be a Connection Box and a Power Supply unit. This is most commonly installed on the inside of an outer wall of the premises, sometimes in the garage.
- Plug your phone handset directly into the UNI-V 1 port on your NBN™ Connection Box.
- Make a test call.
- If you don't get call dropouts when phone is plugged into the NBN™ Connection Box but you do when it's plugged into any smart wiring ports, there may be a problem with your home’s internal wiring. If you suspect this is the case, please contact an ACMA-licensed electrician to investigate.
- Turn off the electrical outlet for the Power Supply Unit and leave it off for at least 60 seconds.
- Turn both outlets back on and wait for the lights to settle.
- Make a test call.
- Temporarily disable any firewall, antivirus or anti-malware software and make a test call.
- If the dropouts stop while the software is disabled, your firewall or antivirus may be blocking the internet traffic for your Netphone calls. Please contact your security software’s Customer Support if you're not sure how to temporarily disable the software, or you need help changing the software settings to allow Netphone (VoIP) calls.
- If a fault needs to be lodged for your service, we'll need the date, time, and number dialed for at least 3 calls that dropped out. Please make notes for easy reference, e.g:
27/4/2020 - 7:30PM - 9400 1234
28/4/2020 - 8:30AM - 9400 5678
28/4/2020 - 10:00AM - 9300 1234
- Call us on 13 22 58 for further assistance.
If you have no access to a working phone service, please email email@example.com.