Troubleshooting Netphone (VoIP) for Call dropouts
Please follow the steps below and proceed to next step if the issue persists.
Step 1) Check your phone handset
- Ensure all cables are undamaged and plugged in securely.
- Ensure your handset has power. Wireless handsets in particular may require charging or new batteries.
- When calling on a wireless handset, ensure you remain in range of the base station while making a call. Range varies from handset to handset; check the manufacturer's website for your handset's technical specifications.
- If you suspect your handset is faulty due to age and/or wear and tear, we recommend obtaining another handset for troubleshooting.
Step 2) Check your internet connection
- Ensure that your internet connection is not dropping out at the same time as your Netphone calls by attempting to view a website. Netphone requires working internet to operate. You should always troubleshoot internet services before Netphone.
Step 3) Check Antivirus and firewalls
- Temporarily disable any firewall, antivirus or anti-malware software and make a test call.
- If the dropouts stop while the software is disabled, your firewall or antivirus may be blocking the internet traffic for your Netphone calls.
- Please contact your security software’s Customer Support if you're not sure how to temporarily disable the software, or you need help changing the software settings to allow Netphone (VoIP) calls.
Step 4) Make a note of your call dropouts
- If a fault needs to be lodged for your service, we'll need the date, time, and number dialed for at least 3 calls that dropped out.
- Please make notes for easy reference, e.g:
27/4/2020 - 7:30PM - 9400 1234
28/4/2020 - 8:30AM - 9400 5678
28/4/2020 - 10:00AM - 9300 1234
Step 5) Call us on 13 22 58 for further assistance
If you have no access to a working phone service, please email email@example.com.