Troubleshooting NBN Satellite for Dropouts
- Turn off the electrical outlet for your modem and leave it off for at least 10 seconds.
- Turn the outlet back on and wait for modem lights to settle. Continue monitoring for dropouts.
- When your connection drops out, check other devices connected to your modem via WiFi or Ethernet cable to see if they've dropped out, too.
- If devices connected via Ethernet cable stay online when devices connected via WiFi drop out, switch to troubleshooting WiFi Dropouts.
- Ensure that your modem is connected correctly, with cables in good condition and plugged in securely.
- Turn off the electrical outlet for your NBN™ Connection Box and unplug the POWER and SAT cables for at least 30 minutes. This time allows your current connection session to expire, forcing a fresh connection.
- After 30 minutes, plug the POWER and SAT cables back in, turn the electrical outlet back on and allow your NBN™ Connection Box to reboot. Continue monitoring for dropouts.
Note: If your NBN™ Connection Box light is red after rebooting, please call us on 13 22 58 for assistance.
- Check your NBN Satellite dish for obstructions such as tree branches.
Note: Severe weather conditions resulting in heavy cloud cover may also cause connection dropouts.
- If you still experience dropouts or your NBN Satellite dish has been damaged, please call us on 13 22 58 for further assistance.