Troubleshooting Mobile Voice for Cannot send or receive SMS or MMS
- Check for any maintenance or planned upgrades at your location on the Vodafone network map.
- Make sure you are inside the Vodafone network coverage area.
- Certain locations may prevent a mobile signal, such as basements, underground tunnels, or large shopping centres. Attempt to send an SMS/MMS while outside and/or above ground level.
- Ensure your mobile handset has power. Depleted batteries may require charging.
- Ensure your mobile data is enabled. If mobile data is disabled, it can prevent MMS from sending.
- If you suspect your handset is faulty due to age and/or wear and tear, we recommend obtaining another handset for troubleshooting.
- If your handset displays an error message like "No Network", "No Service" or "Select Network", follow this guide to manually select your carrier.
- Attempt to send an SMS/MMS.
- Ensure the MMS file size, particularly video MMS, does not exceed the limit allowed by your network and/or handset.
- Check your handset manufacturer's website or the Vodafone device guides for support information on how to view and update the MMS network settings. The following settings are required:
MMS Proxy: 10.202.2.60
- Attempt to send an MMS.
- Check your handset manufacturer's website or the Vodafone device guides for support information on how to view and update the SMS network settings. The following setting is required:
SMSC (Short Message Service Centre) or MCN (Message Centre Number): +61415011501
- Attempt to send an SMS.
- Call us on 13 22 58 for further assistance.
Appendix - Sending SMS/MMS to international numbers
Mobile infrastructure and supported features vary internationally and some do not support SMS/MMS.
If this is the case, you and your recipient may want to try an instant messaging app like Skype, or email.
If you know that SMS/MMS is supported, then make sure the number is dialled correctly. The country code should replace the first zero in a mobile number. If the first digit of the mobile number is not a zero, then just dial the country code before the entire mobile number.
Example: Messages sent to a London mobile number 07937 123 123 should be dialled as +447937123123.