How to set up D-Link DSL-3890 for nbn HFC
Please follow the steps below to set up your D-Link DSL-3890.
- Ensure your nbn Connection Box is turned on.
- Plug an Ethernet cable from the UNI-D1 port on your nbn Connection Box into the red WAN port on your D-Link router.
- Plug in the power cable and turn your D-Link DSL-3890 on using the Power button.
- Connect your computer or any device to your modem by plugging an Ethernet cable from the device to the Ethernet port, or you can connect your device via Wi-Fi.
- Go to http://192.168.1.1 or http://dlinkrouter.local in your browser.
- Enter your D-Link password (if this was not changed, by default the password field can be found on the bottom of the modem).
- Select Settings then select Internet.
- Select Ethernet from the Configure your WAN connection dropdown menu.
- If your nbn plan was activated before 1 March 2023 or you have nbn Phone included in your service, more settings are needed:
- Click Advanced Settings and toggle Enable VLAN ID to ON.
- Enter 2 into the VLAN ID text box
- Select PPPoE for Connection.
- Enter your iiNet Username and Password.
- Click Save.
Your D-Link DSL-3890 should now be online. If you're still having issues, please see Improving WiFi Signal or call us on 13 22 58 for further assistance.