How to set up Netgear Nighthawk D7800 for NBN FTTC
Please follow the steps below to set up your Netgear Nighthawk D7800.
- Ensure your NBN Connection Device is turned on.
- Plug an Ethernet cable from the yellow Gateway port on your NBN Connection Device into the red Internet port on your Netgear.
- Plug in the power cable and turn your Nighthawk on using the Power button.
- Connect a device to your Nighthawk via WiFi or Ethernet cable and go to http://192.168.0.1 or http://www.routerlogin.net in your browser.
- Log in with your Nighthawk username and password. By defaults these are:
- On the home screen, click Advanced.
- Click Setup.
- Click WAN Setup.
- Select Must use Ethernet WAN from the WAN preference drop down.
- Click Apply.
- Click Basic.
- Click Internet.
- Select Australia from the Country drop down.
- Select Other from the ISP drop down.
- Tick the checkbox next to Use VLANID.
- Enter 2 in VLANID.
- Enter 0 in Priority.
- Click Yes under Does your Internet connection require a login?
- Select PPPoE (PPP over Ethernet) from the Encapsulation drop down.
- Enter your iiNet username and password.
- Leave the other settings as they are and click Apply.
Your Netgear NIghthawk D7800 should now be online. If you're still having issues, please see Improving WiFi Signal or call us on 13 22 58 for further assistance.