How to set up Netgear D6400 for NBN FTTB/N
Please follow the steps below to set up your Netgear D6400.
Important: Before you get started, ensure your modem is running the latest firmware from Netgear. Older firmware may not be compatible.
- . Plug a phone cable from your NBN wall socket into the grey DSL port on your Netgear D6400
- Plug in the power cable and turn your D6400 on using the Power button.
- You can connect devices such as PC desktops, laptops or gaming consoles by plugging Ethernet cables from device to any of the 4 yellow LAN ports; or you can connect devices via WiFi
- Go to http://192.168.0.1 or http://www.routerlogin.net in your browser.
- Log in with your Netgear username and password. By default these are:
- On the home screen, click Basic > Internet.
- Select Australia from the Country drop down.
- Select Other(s) from the ISP drop down.
- Select VDSL (PTM) from the Transfer Mode drop down
- Select VDSL2 from the DSL Mode drop down
- If your NBN plan was activated before 1 March 2023, more settings are needed:
- Tick the checkbox next to Use VLANID.
- Enter 2 in the text box next to Use VLANID.
- Enter 0 (zero) in the Priority text box.
- Click Yes under Does your Internet connection require a login?
- Select PPPoE (PPP over Ethernet) from the Encapsulation drop down.
- Enter your iiNet username and password.
- Leave the other settings as they are and click Apply.
Your Netgear D6400 should now be online. If you're still having issues, please see Improving WiFi Signal or call us on 13 22 58 for further assistance.