Set up Home Wireless Broadband
Follow the instructions below to set up your Smart Modem Gateway (VX420-G2H) for Home Wireless Broadband.
Note: If you have an old modem that you don't want to keep, please consider eWaste recycling facilities that may be offered by your local council.
First, ensure you have:
- A message from us advising you to plug in your modem.
- An available electrical outlet.
- Your iiNet Micro SIM has already been inserted for your convenience. Please do not remove the SIM.
- Place the modem in a clear space near a window, avoiding direct sunlight. Placing the modem on the floor or in a cupboard may cause a weak signal.
- Use the supplied power cable to connect the modem’s POWER port to an available power outlet, then turn the modem on using the ON/OFF button.
- Wait approximately 3 minutes for the modem’s Power, 4G, Internet and 2.4GHz/5GHz WiFi lights to turn on and settle.
- If the 4G light is red, move your modem to another location, ideally near a window and away from direct sunlight.
- You can use an additional Ethernet cable to connect a computer to any of the 4 LAN ports.
- If you wish to connect your devices via WiFi, you'll find the WiFi name (SSID) and password on the barcode sticker on the base of your modem.
Your modem will automatically connect your devices to the best WiFi network possible (i.e. 5GHz). Older devices may only be able to connect to the slower 2.4GHz WiFi. See Improving WiFi Signal.