When you move, we help you relocate your iiNet services to your new address.
The benefits of moving with iiNet
- Awesome service from our specialised Movers Team
- Change your plan when you need to
When to contact us about moving house
Please call us on 13 22 58 to lodge a relocation once you know the date(s) you’ll be moving out of your current address and into the new one.
It's best to get the ball rolling at least 2-3 weeks before your moving date.
Important things to note
- If you have iiNet ADSL2+ broadband but your Home Phone isn’t provided by iiNet, you’ll need to confirm that your Home Phone (landline) is active at your new address before we can relocate your ADSL2+ broadband service.
- Relocation work that requires a technician to visit your address cannot commence until you have the keys to your new property.
Save money when you relocate your iiNet broadband
When you relocate your existing iiNet broadband service, you'll pay no contract break fees for your existing contract.
Relocations incur standard broadband activation fees, which vary according to the type of internet being connected at your new address:
|iiNet ULTRA Broadband Cable||$59.99||N/A|
|iiNet ULTRA Broadband VDSL2||$59.99||N/A|
|iiNet ULTRA Broadband FTTB||$99.95||Nil|
|OptiComm Fibre & Places Victoria Fibre||$79.00||N/A|
Please note: These fees are applicable to Residential services only. Please call 13 86 89 to enquire about relocation for Business services.
Other standard connection fees may apply:
- If you are moving to a newly developed NBN™ estate, NBN Co may charge a New Development fee of $300.
- If you're getting ADSL2+ or Naked DSL, in the event that a Home Phone line must be installed or re-activated at your new address, iiNet discounts the New Line Connection Fee/Line Re-activation Fee by up to $200 to just $99.
- A standard Home Phone (landline) activation costs $59.00.
|Service type||Estimated timeframes*|
|NBN™||Up to 2 working days after connection appointment (appointments subject to technician availability)**|
|Home Phone where an active phone line is already present at new address||Up to 2 working days of disconnection from current address|
|Home Phone where a new landline must be installed at new address (urban areas)||Up to 5 working days of disconnection from current address|
|Home Phone where a new landline must be installed at new address (major rural areas)||Up to 10 working days of disconnection from current address|
|Home Phone where a new landline must be installed at new address (minor rural & remote areas)||Up to 15 working days of disconnection from current address|
|ADSL2+ (note that Home Phone must be connected before ADSL2+ connection may proceed)||Up to 10 working days|
|Naked DSL||Up to 20 working days|
|iiNet ULTRA Broadband Cable||Up to 14 working days|
|iiNet ULTRA Broadband VDSL2||Appointment booked within 7 working days, connection occurs on appointment day|
|iiNet ULTRA Broadband FTTB||Up to 20 working days|
|OptiComm Fibre||Up to 10 working days if established infrastructure is present**|
|Places Victoria Fibre||Up to 4 weeks if established infrastructure is present and appointment is required**|
*Actual timeframes may differ based on external factors, technician availability and workload.
** If no infrastructure has been previously established at the new address, timeframes are subject to technician availability and installation requirements from our wholesaler. Non-standard installations may attract additional costs from our wholesaler - the technician will be able to quote these costs if applicable.
IMPORTANT: If a previous tenant/owner has left an active phone service at your new address, we may not legally proceed with your relocation until that active service has been cancelled or relocated, or you have supplied us with Proof of Occupancy documents. Learn more.
You can keep your phone number in the vast majority of cases, except where:
- It's a landline number attached to a specific telephone exchange and you move to an address that’s serviced by a different telephone exchange
- You move to a different geographical call zone/area code, e.g. interstate.
We'll check if keeping your number is possible when you lodge your relocation.
Moving overseas permanently?
Sadly, we can't provide telecommunications services outside of Australia. Please see this advice on closing your account.
For temporary overseas trips, we can help determine if keeping your account active for the duration of your trip would be more convenient and cost-effective than closing your account and re-opening it upon your return.