BizPhone Unregistered ATA
How to check registration
To confirm the handset is registered, check that the phone icons for each of your BizPhone lines are illuminated. A blinking icon simply indicates a busy line (blinking once per second) or voice mail (slow blinking).
Note: If your handset is registered but cannot receive calls, it may be DND (Do Not Disturb) mode. To turn this off, lift the handset and dial *79, then hang up. DND can be enabled again by dialling *78.
Troubleshooting Network Unavailable or Handset not registering
- Confirm that you can access the internet on a device that's connected to the same internet connection as your BizPhone handset.
- Make sure your handset is connected correctly to your modem or network switch.
- Try connecting the ATA to an alternate LAN port on your modem or network switch.
- Restart your modem.
- Restart your ATA by disconnecting the power and Ethernet cables for 10 seconds, then reconnect.
- Check your ATA is getting an IP address by lifting a connected handset and dialling *** to access the IVR menu. When you hear the “Enter the menu“ prompt, dial 02 and the IPv4 address will be announced.
- Is your network set up to deliver static IP addresses to connected devices? BizPhone hardware must be assigned an IP address via DHCP.
- To confirm your network allows access to the required server, Windows users should run an NSLookup test.
- Run the BizPhone connection test and make a note of the test result number from both the Speed and VoIP tests.
- If you’re still unable to make or receive calls, please email email@example.com with your test result numbers and reference this troubleshooting article.