All about usernames
A username is the label used to identify your account and/or services with iiNet. Each service that we sell has its own username – this is typically chosen when you sign up for that service, e.g. email@example.com.
If you only have Mobile with us, you'll still be given a username to log in to Toolbox.
Select one of the links below to jump to a query:
- Where can I find my username?
- Where do I use my username?
- How do I change my username?
- How do I get access to a lost account?
Where can I find my username?
- Your username or account number will be included in any emails and/or SMS sent to you about the service.
- You'll also find your username(s) listed in the Service Details section of your invoice:
Where do I use my username?
Your username is used to:
- Log into Toolbox. If you've never logged into Toolbox before, please see An Introduction to Toolbox.
- Identify your account via email or over the phone with a Customer Service representative
- Set up your internet connection. Though most services set up automatically, some internet services may need you to enter your username and password into the modem settings.
How do I change my username?
Changing an existing username is an action that can only be performed by one of our friendly Support Team, so please call us on 13 22 58 for a hand.
How do I get access to a lost account?
If you are no longer able to access your account due to a forgotten username or password, or you need to take control of an account via Power of Attorney or a similar scenario where the account holder is unable to manage their account, please call us on 13 22 58. We should be able to search for your account in our billing system and we can then advise what's necessary to gain access to the account information (such as a Statutory Declaration).