SIM errors and finding your PUK code
Insert SIM or SIM error
An ‘Insert SIM’ or ‘SIM error’ message may indicate that your SIM:
- Has not been inserted correctly.
- Is damaged and cannot be read.
- Is the incorrect SIM size for your device.
Different devices use different sized SIM cards. We don't recommend cutting down your SIM or using a SIM adaptor. If you require a replacement SIM, please contact us on 13 22 58.
This message indicates that your PIN has been incorrectly entered a number of times and you have been locked out of your device. You’ll need to enter your PUK code to use your SIM. To find your PUK follow the instructions below.
SIM card Rejected
This message indicates that you've incorrectly entered your PUK code more than 10 times and your SIM is permanently blocked. You’ll need to arrange a replacement SIM by calling on 13 22 58.
Insert Correct SIM, SIM card is locked or Enter subsidy password
These error messages indicate that your device is locked to a non-Vodafone carrier (e.g. Telstra, Optus). You’ll need to unlock your device before the handset will recognise your iiNet SIM.
If you get a SIM error, we recommend you try the following steps
- Turn your device off and on again.
- Insert another SIM card into your device. If the error message still appears, it’s most likely your device is faulty.
- Insert your SIM into another device. If the error message still appears, it’s most likely your SIM is faulty
Finding your PUK code
Your PUK code can be found in Toolbox
- Log in to Toolbox.
Please note: When logging into Toolbox, you will be prompted for your one-time password which is sent to the mobile number listed on your iiNet Account. If you don’t have access to this mobile number, please call us on 13 22 58 to verify your identity and retrieve your PUK code.
- Select Request PUK Code to get your Personal Unlocking Key so you can enter it on your mobile handset.
- If you see an error message like “SIM Rejected”, this means that a PUK has been entered incorrectly more than 10 times, and the SIM has been wiped.
- A wiped SIM cannot be recovered. If your SIM has been wiped, you’ll need to purchase a replacement SIM by calling us on 13 22 58. A SIM replacement fee of $10 will apply.