How to retrieve a forgotten password
- Go to http://iinet.net.au/password/ to access our password recovery tool.
- Enter your Username, Date of Birth and the Mobile Number listed on your iiNet account.
- Select Recover Password to receive a password recovery SMS.
- If you don't know or have a mobile number listed on your iiNet account, select Don't know this mobile number?
- Enter your Username and Date of Birth, then select either I pay by credit card OR I pay by direct debit.
- For "I pay by credit card", enter the Partial Credit Card Number and Card Expiry for the credit card linked to your iiNet account.
- For "I pay by direct debit", enter the Account Number and BSB for the bank account linked to your iiNet account.
- Select Recover Password to receive a password recovery email.
- If the password retrieval tool doesn’t work, or you need to take over an account via Power of Attorney or a similar scenario where the account holder is unavailable, please call us on 13 22 58. A friendly customer service rep can advise what's necessary to gain access to the account (such as a Statutory Declaration).
What happens if I exceed the limit of unsuccessful attempts to retrieve my forgotten password?
If you exceed the limit of unsuccessful attempts, you’ll be barred from using the password retrieval tool for that username (or for any username on that specific computer) for 24 hours. If this happens to you, please give us a call on 13 22 58 to retrieve your password.
Why does it say I've exceeded the limit of unsuccessful attempts when I haven't even used it yet?
For security reasons, we must limit the number of password retrieval attempts by username as well as by the specific computer being used to retrieve it.
If you are using a work computer or non-iiNet internet connection, you may be behind a firewall. That means our system can mistake your computer for another computer that is also behind the same firewall. It doesn't mean that someone has retrieved your password, but it does mean that you can't use the retrieval service from that computer until later.