Changing your internet plan in Toolbox
If you've never logged into Toolbox before, please see An Introduction to Toolbox.
- After changing your plan, any amount you’ve paid in advance for your current plan will be credited back to your account, and you’ll be invoiced for that time at the rate for your new plan instead.
- Changing your plan does not reset your existing usage for your broadband quota.
- When downgrading a plan, if your existing usage is greater than the total quota of your new plan, this may cause your internet to be shaped. In this case, we recommend you wait until your next billing period when your quota has reset.
For more information, see the instructions below.
- Log in to Toolbox and select My Products from the navigation bar, and then select Broadband. If you're on a mobile device and you don't see this option, click the grey square with three lines to show the navigation menu.
- If you have more than one broadband service, select the right username from the Product drop-down menu.
- Select Change plan from the Actions menu. If you're on a mobile device and you don't see the Actions menu, click the grey bar labelled Broadband actions to show it.
- You’ll see a list of available plans for your service type, along with your current plan.
- To browse plan details, simply click on them in the list. This will change the plan summary in the panel below the list.
- The plan summary will show you some important information about the plan including it’s monthly cost and quota. Please note that graphs will not be visible on mobile devices. Once you’ve decided on a plan, click Switch to this plan.
- You’ll be shown a final summary of the changes to your plan. Click Confirm to finish. Your plan change should process within 30 minutes.