Troubleshooting Mobile Broadband for No connection
- iiNet Mobile operates on the Optus network. Visit the Optus coverage website and click the "Outages" tab at the top right of the map to see if there are any outages in your area.
- Make sure you are inside the network coverage area.
- Certain locations may prevent a mobile signal, such as basements, underground tunnels, or large shopping centres. Attempt to view a website while outside and/or above ground level.
- Ensure your mobile broadband devices including USB dongles, hotspots, tablets and mobile handsets have power. Depleted batteries may require charging.
- If you’re using a dongle with a desktop computer, then try plugging it into a USB port on the back of your PC tower instead of one on the front. In most cases, rear ports have a better power supply.
- If you’re using a dongle with a laptop, make sure that any Power Saving settings are disabled, as they may be preventing your dongle from getting enough power to function.
- If you suspect any device is faulty due to age and/or wear and tear, we recommend obtaining another device for troubleshooting.
- Ensure your Mobile Broadband modem or Hotspot has the correct settings. Setup guides for iiNet devices are available here.
Note: If you’re using a Mac, you’ll need to download and install Java before most mobile broadband software will work on your system.
- Uninstall any software that was installed by your USB dongle or Hotspot when you set it up, and then re-install it.
- If possible, insert your mobile broadband SIM card into another USB dongle or Hotspot and try to view a website on a connected device.
- If you can get online using another USB dongle or Hotspot, there may be a fault with the original USB dongle/Hotspot.
- Alternatively, if possible, insert your SIM card into a mobile phone handset and see if a network is detected. If you see a “No SIM card” error on the handset display, then there may be a fault with the SIM card.
- Call us on 13 22 58 for further assistance.
Appendix - Mobile Broadband Cease Sale
As of 13 October 2015, Mobile Broadband hardware and services are no longer sold by the iiNet Group, however existing customers may continue their service and request a replacement SIM card if necessary.
Existing Mobile Broadband customers can view and swap plans in Toolbox (Select My Products > Broadband > Change plan) or by calling us on 13 22 58.