SIM Card errors and finding your PUK code
Please follow the steps below and proceed to next step if the issue persists.
Step 1) Confirm handset not locked
- If you purchased your handset second-hand or from a non-Optus carrier (e.g. Telstra, Vodafone) check that it’s not locked to a specific mobile provider. If this is the case, you’ll need to get it unlocked before the handset will recognise your iiNet SIM card.
- All handsets previously sold by iiNet are unlocked.
Step 2) Restart handset
- Turn of your mobile handset and remove the SIM card.
- Wait 2 minutes.
- Reinsert SIM card and turn your handset back on.
Step 3) Obtain PUK code
- If you see an error message like “Blocked” or “SIM Blocked”, you’ll need your PUK (PIN unlocking key). This can happen if your handset PIN is entered incorrectly too many times.
- Log in to Toolbox, select My Products and then Mobile.
- If you have multiple mobile numbers with iiNet, you may need to select the right number from the Product drop-down menu on the top-right.
- Click Show PUK in the left-hand column. You’ll find your PUK code listed on this page and you can enter it on your mobile handset.
Step 4) Check SIM card
- If you see an error message like “SIM Card Rejected”, this means that a PUK has been entered incorrectly more than 10 times, and the SIM card has been wiped.
- Wiped SIM cards cannot be recovered. If your SIM card has been wiped, you’ll need to purchase a replacement SIM card by calling us on 13 22 58. A SIM replacement fee of $10 will apply.