Setting up Hosted Exchange ActiveSync for Android
Note: The appearance of Android software may differ depending on your device or software version. The following guides were created using a device with Android 10.
Select one of the links below to jump to a query:
- Open the Gmail app.
- Tap the menu icon in the upper left corner and select Settings > Add account > Exchange and Microsoft 365.
- Enter your full email address and tap Set up manually.
- Enter your password.
- Scroll down to "Server Settings" and enter the following details:
Domain\username: Your full email address (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org)
Security type: SSL/TLS
- Hit Next. The app will review and update security settings.
- Select Done to finish.
- On the Home screen, tap Email.
- Under "Set up Email", tap Exchange.
- Enter your full email address (e.g. email@example.com) and password and tap Manual setup.
- Enter the following details:
Email address: Your full email address (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org)
Domain\user name: \ followed by your full email address (e.g. \email@example.com)
Password: Your mailbox password
Exchange server: exchange.iinet.net.au
Use secure connection (SSL): Ticked
- Tap Sign in.
- You will be prompted to apply the security settings. Tap Apply.
- You will be prompted to activate the device admin application (this is a Samsung device-specific request). Select Activate to finish.