Recovering deleted items in Hosted Exchange
Hosted Exchange will keep a back up of all messages for 7 days after they have been deleted from the mailbox's Deleted Items folder. Mailbox users can recover deleted items using the Outlook Web App (OWA) or Microsoft Outlook.
Outlook Web App (OWA)
- Log in to the Outlook Web App with your full email address and password.
- Right-click on the Deleted Items folder and select Recover Deleted Items.
- Select the item(s) you wish to recover and select Recover.
- The items you selected to recover will be restored to their original folders:
- Mail items to the Inbox
- Calendar items to the Calendar folder
- Contacts to the Contacts folder
- Tasks to the Tasks folder
- Open Outlook and connect to your Exchange profile.
- Click on Folder and then Recover Deleted Items.
- Select the item(s) you wish to recover, select Restore Selected Items, then hit OK.
- Outlook will restore the message to the Deleted Items folder. From there, you can move the items back into your inbox or other mail folders as desired.