SIM Card errors and finding your PUK code
Please enter your Customer ID number.
This will allow us to provide information that's relevant to your services.
You will be able to find your Customer ID on any invoices or emails we have sent you.
If you don't have your Customer ID handy, just let us know what your Toolbox looks like.
This article is show as a result of the customer details you provided.
- If you purchased your handset second-hand or from a non-Optus carrier (e.g. Telstra, Vodafone) check that it’s not locked to a specific mobile provider. If this is the case, you’ll need to get it unlocked before the handset will recognise your iiNet SIM card.
Note: All handsets previously sold by iiNet are unlocked.
- Turn off your mobile handset and remove the SIM card.
- Wait 2 minutes, then re-insert SIM card and turn your handset back on.
- If you see an error message like “Blocked” or “SIM Blocked”, you’ll need your PUK (PIN unlocking key). This can happen if your handset PIN is entered incorrectly too many times.
- Log in to Toolbox, select My Products and then Mobile.
- If you have multiple mobile numbers with iiNet, you may need to select the right number from the Product drop-down menu on the top-right.
- Click Show PUK in the left-hand column. You’ll find your PUK code listed on this page and you can enter it on your mobile handset.
- If you see an error message like “SIM Card Rejected”, this means that a PUK has been entered incorrectly more than 10 times, and the SIM card has been wiped.
- Wiped SIM cards cannot be recovered. If your SIM card has been wiped, you’ll need to purchase a replacement SIM card by calling us on 13 22 58. A SIM replacement fee of $10 will apply.