How to set up Netgear Nighthawk D7000 for NBN FTTP or Wireless
Please follow the steps below to set up your Netgear Nighthawk D7000.
- Ensure your NBN Connection Box is turned on.
- Plug an Ethernet cable from the UNI-D 1 port on your NBN Connection Box into the red Internet port on your Nighthawk.
Note: If UNI-D 1 doesn't work, try each UNI-D port.
- Plug in the power cable and turn your Nighthawk on using the Power On-Off button.
- Connect a device to your Nighthawk via WiFi or Ethernet cable and go to http://www.routerlogin.net in your browser.
- Log in with your Nighthawk username and password. By default these are:
- On the home screen, click Advanced.
- Click Setup.
- Click Advanced Setup.
- Click WAN Setup.
- Select Must use Ethernet WAN from the WAN Preference drop down.
- Click Apply.
- Click Basic.
- Click Internet.
- Select Australia from the Country drop down.
- Select Other from the ISP drop down.
- Tick the checkbox next to Use VLANID.
- Enter 2 in the text box next to Use VLANID.
- Enter 0 (zero) in the Priority text box.
- Click Yes under Does your Internet connection require a login?
- Select PPPoE (PPP over Ethernet) from the Encapsulation drop down.
- Enter your iiNet username and password.
- Leave the other settings as they are and click Apply.
Your Netgear Nighthawk should now be online. If you're still having issues, please see Improving WiFi Signal or call us on 13 22 58 for further assistance.