How to set up TP-Link Archer VR400 for NBN FTTP
Please follow the steps below to set up your TP-Link Archer VR400.
- Ensure your NBN® Connection Box is turned on.
- Plug an Ethernet cable from the UNI-D1 port on your NBN Connection Box into the yellow LAN/WAN port on your TP-Link router.
Note: if UNI-D1 doesn't work, try each UNI-D port.
- Plug in the power cable and turn your TP-Link on using the Power button.
- Connect your computer or any device to your modem by plugging an Ethernet cable from the device to the Ethernet port, or you can connect your device via Wi-Fi.
- Go to 192.168.1.1 or http://tplinkmodem.net in your browser.
- Log in with your TP-Link username and password. By default, these are:
- Username: admin
Note: You may be prompted to create a new password. Ensure this flags as High and click Let’s Get Started to log in
- Select Advanced > Operation Mode > Wireless Router Mode. and
- Click Save.
Note: The modem router will reboot.
- Select Basic > Internet.
- Select Other from the ISP list.
- If your NBN plan was activated before 1 March 2023 or you have NBN Phone included in your service, more settings are needed. Tick the Enable checkbox for VLAN ID and enter 2.
- Select PPPoE as the Internet Connection Type.
- Enter your iiNet Username and Password.
- Click Save.
Your TP-Link Archer VR400 should now be online. If you're still having issues, please see Improving WiFi Signal or call us on 13 22 58 for further assistance.