How to set up Netgear Orbi RBK50 for NBN FTTP
Please follow the steps below to set up your Netgear Orbi RBK50.
Important: Before you get started, ensure your Orbi is running on the latest firmware from Netgear.
- Ensure your NBN® Connection Box is turned on.
- Plug an Ethernet cable from the UNI-D1 port on your NBN Connection Device into the yellow Internet port on your Orbi.
If UNI-D1 doesn't work, try each UNI-D port.
- Plug in the power cable and turn your Orbi on using the Power button.
- Connect a device to your Orbi via WiFi or Ethernet cable and go to http://192.168.0.1 or http://www.routerlogin.net in your browser.
- Log in with your Netgear username and password. By defaults these are:
- On the home screen, click Advanced.
- Click Setup.
- Click Internet Setup.
- Click Yes under Does your Internet connection require a login?
- Select PPPoE as Internet Service Provider.
- Enter your iiNet username and password.
- Click Apply.
- If your NBN plan was activated before 1 March 2023 or you have NBN Phone included in your service, more settings are needed:
- Click Advanced Setup.
- Click VLAN/Bridge Settings.
- Enable VLAN/Bridge group.
- Select By VLAN tag group.
- Enter 2 in VLAN ID.
- Enter 0 in Priority.
- Leave the other settings as they are and click Apply.
Your Netgear Orbi RBK50 should now be online. If you're still having issues, please see Improving WiFi Signal or call us on 13 22 58 for further assistance.