How to set up NetComm NF18ACV for NBN FTTC
Please follow the steps below to set up your NetComm NF18ACV Modem.
- Ensure your NBN Connection Device is turned on.
- Plug an Ethernet cable from the yellow Gateway port on your NBN Connection Device into the blue WAN port on your NetComm NF18ACV Modem.
- Plug in the power cable and turn the NetComm modem on using the Power button on the side of the modem.
- Connect your computer or any device to your modem by plugging an Ethernet cable from the device to one of the yellow Ethernet ports, or you can connect your device via Wi-Fi.
- Go to http://192.168.20.1 in your browser.
- On the login page, key in the username and password. By default these are:
- If this is the first time the modem will be set up, select Select Set up Wizard, if the modem has been used previously, click Internet from the left pane.
- Select Ethernet WAN as the Internet Service.
- Under Connection Type, select PPPoE.
- Enter your iiNet Username and Password.
- Enter 0 (zero) in the 802.1P (0-7) text box and 2 in the VLAN Tag text box.
- Click Apply or if using the Setup Wizard, click Next.
- If using the Setup Wizard you will be prompted to set up your Wifi Network - This allows you to set a Wifi name and Password.
- Skip the rest of the setup steps by clicking Next. until you reach the timezone and set it to your current.
- Click Next and then Finish.
Your NetComm NF18ACV Modem should now be online. If you're still having issues, please see Improving WiFi Signal or call us on 13 22 58 for further assistance.