How to set up FRITZ! Box 7490 for NBN FTTC
Please follow the steps below to set up your FRITZ! Box 7490.
- Ensure your NBN Connection Device is turned on.
- Plug an Ethernet cable from the yellow Gateway port on your NBN Connection Device into the LAN 1 port on your FRITZ! Box.
- Using the supplied power cable, connect the FRITZ! Box's Power port to an electrical outlet and turn it on.
- Connect a device to your FRITZ! Box via WiFi or Ethernet cable and go to http://192.168.178.1 in your browser.
- Log in with your FRITZ! Box password. By default the password can be either admin or admin123.
- On the home screen, click Internet.
- Click Account Information.
- Select Other Internet service provider from the Internet service provider drop down.
- Enter iiNet.
- Tick the box next to External modem or router.
- Tick the box next to Establish own connection to the Internet.
- Tick the box next to Yes for Account Information.
- Enter your iiNet Username and Password.
- Enter the Downstream and Upstream speeds of your NBN plan as per reference in the following table:
Service speed Downstream (mbit/s) Upstream (mbit/s) Downstream (kbit/s) Upstream (kbit/s) NBN12 12 1 12000 1000 NBN25 25 5 25000 5000 NBN50 50 20 50000 20000 NBN100 100 40 100000 40000
- Click Change connection settings.
- Tick the checkbox next to Maintain permanently (recommended for flat rates).
- Tick the checkbox next to Use VLAN for internet access and enter 2 for VLAN-ID.
- Click Apply.
Your FRITZ! Box should now be online. If you're still having issues, please see Improving WiFi Signal or call us on 13 22 58 for further assistance.