How to set up D-Link DSL-2888A for NBN HFC
Please follow the steps below to set up your D-Link DSL-2888A.
- Ensure your NBN® Connection Box is turned on.
- Plug an Ethernet cable from the UNI-D 1 port on your NBN Connection Box into the red WAN Port on your D-Link DSL-2888A.
- Plug in the power cable and turn your DSL-2888A on using the Power button.
- Connect your computer or any device to your modem by plugging an Ethernet cable from the device to one of the yellow Ethernet ports, or you can connect your device via Wi-Fi.
- Go to http://192.168.1.1 or http://dlinkrouter.local in your browser.
- Enter your D-Link password (if this is a first-time setup, leave the password blank.
- Select Settings then select Internet.
- Under WAN Access Type, select Residential Gateway, then Interface = ETH0.
- If your NBN plan was activated before 1 March 2023 or you have NBN Phone included in your service, more settings are needed:
- Under ISP Settings, enable VLAN Tagged.
- Enter 2 in the VLAN ID and enter 0 (zero) in the VLAN Priority.
- Under My Internet Connection is, select PPPoE
- Enter your iiNet Username and Password.
- Click Save.
Your D-Link DSL-2888A should now be online. If you're still having issues, please see Improving WiFi Signal or call us on 13 22 58 for further assistance.