How to set up ASUS RT-AC68U for NBN FTTP
Please follow the steps below to set up your ASUS RT-AC68U.
- Ensure your NBN® Connection Device is turned on.
- Plug in the power cable and turn your ASUS on using the Power button.
- Connect a device to your ASUS via WiFi or Ethernet cable and go to http://www.router.asus.com or http://192.168.1.1 in your browser.
- Log in with your ASUS username and password. By default these are:
- On the home screen, select Advanced Settings > WAN.
- Click Internet Connection tab.
- Select PPPoE for WAN Connection Type.
- Enter your username and password and select Apply.
- Select Advanced Settings > LAN > IPTV.
- Set the ISP Profile to Manual.
- If your NBN plan was activated before 1 March 2023 or you have NBN Phone included in your service, more settings are needed. Set Internet VID to 2 and PRI to 0.
- Select Apply.
- Reboot the modem and once rebooted, connect an Ethernet cable from from the UNI-D1 port on your NBN Connection Box into the blue WAN port on your ASUS router.
Note: If UNI-D1 doesn’t work, try each UNI-D port.
Your ASUS RT-AC68U should now be online. If you're still having issues, please see Improving WiFi Signal or call us on 13 22 58 for further assistance.