How to set up ASUS DSL-AC68U for nbn HFC
Please follow the steps below to set up your ASUS DSL-AC68U.
- Ensure your nbn Connection Box is turned on.
- Plug an Ethernet cable from the UNI-D1 port on your nbn Connection Box into the nominated LAN/WAN port (e.g. LAN 4) on your ASUS DSL-AC68U.
- Plug in the power adaptor and power on the modem/router.
- Connect your computer or any device to your modem by plugging an Ethernet cable from the device to the Ethernet port, or you can connect your device via Wi-Fi.
- Go to http://www.router.asus.com or http://192.168.1.1 in your browser.
- Log in with your ASUS username and password. By default these are:
- On the home screen, select Advanced Settings > WAN > Dual WAN
- Set the Primary WAN to: Ethernet WAN | LAN Port 4
Note: (this will be the port that you have connected to from your nbn Connection Box)
- Click on the Internet Connection tab.
- Set the Primary WAN to Ethernet WAN | LAN Port 4 (Or the port you are using)
- Click Apply.
- Go to the Internet Connection tab.
- Set the WAN Connection Type to PPPoE.
- Change Enable WAN to YES.
- In PPP Username and Password, enter your iiNet Username and Password and select Apply.
- Select Advanced Settings > LAN > IPTV.
- Set the ISP Profile to Manual.
- If your nbn plan was activated before 1 March 2023 or you have nbn Phone included in your service, more settings are needed. Set Internet VID to 2 and PRI to 0.
- Select Apply.
Your ASUS DSL-AC68U should now be online. If you're still having issues, please see Improving WiFi Signal or call us on 13 22 58 for further assistance.