Creating aliases for a Hosted Exchange mailbox
With Hosted Exchange, you can create “alias” email addresses on your domain which receive incoming mail and direct it to one individual.
For example, John Citizen may have an email address of firstname.lastname@example.org but he also needs any mail sent to email@example.com to come to him. As an alias is just an email address rather than an actual mailbox, there are no extra fees to create them.
Note: You will not be able to send from the Alias email address or set up the Alias email address in your email client.
- Log in to the Hosting Control Panel and select your Hosted Exchange subscription from the drop-down box at the top right.
- Click on Exchange and then click on the Display name of the mailbox you wish to edit.
- Click on the E-mail addresses tab and then Add New E-mail Address.
- Enter the alias you wish to create, make sure you have select the correct domain from the drop-down box and then click Submit.
- There is no limit to the number of aliases. You can create as many as needed.
- To remove an alias, simply tick the checkbox beside it and click Delete.