Business Voice Hunt Groups
Hunt Group allows predetermined users to handle incoming calls assigned to a Hunt Group phone number. The Group Administrator can choose which employees should be grouped together for handling calls received on an inbound phone number.
Available Hunt schemes
- Circular: sends calls in a fixed order. The call is sent to the first available person on the list, beginning where the last call left off.
- Regular: sends calls to users in the order listed by an administrator. Incoming calls always go to the first available person on the list.
- Simultaneous: rings all users in a group simultaneously. The first user to pick up the ringing phone is connected.
- Uniform: as a call is completed, the user moves to the bottom of the call queue. The next incoming call goes to the user who’s been idle the longest.
Examples of Using Hunt Groups in Your Business
- Print a unique Sales number on flyers and customers can bypass the main Auto Attendant and go straight to members of the Sales team.
- Allow internal staff to ring one extension (assigned to a Hunt Group) to get to the Payroll team.
- Use the Circular Hunt Group option to ensure incoming calls are dispersed equally amongst your staff.
- Use a Regular Hunt Group to send a call to your front desk initially, but if it is not received the call will ring in the office to be answered.
- Set up a Simultaneous Hunt Group for your Sales team, fastest to answer gets the sales opportunity.
How to Set up and Use Hunt Groups
- Open your web browser and log in to Toolbox using the Group Administrator login details.
- From here, select Business Voice Configuration in the Phone menu.
- The initial page allows you to view all Business Voice users and configure which Extension and Direct-In-Dial (DID) number are assigned to them. To view the Hunt Group administration options, choose Services.
- By clicking Add new service in the "Hunt Group services" section, you can create a new Hunt Group. In this example, a Hunt Group for the Sales team was created and chosen the assigned DID and Extension for external and internal people to contact the Sales team.
- After making any changes, click Confirm changes. To further configure this Hunt Group, click Configure.
- In the Configure Hunt Group page, you are presented the option of editing the Sales Team Hunt Group. In this instance, Simultaneous ring was selected to give each staff member an equal opportunity of taking the call. All unanswered Sales calls are sent to the receptionist by using the Diversion feature.
- By selecting the Extensions of the Users within the Group, you are able to configure who is on the Sales Team Hunt Group. In the example above, Michael, Fred and Pretisha are responsible for handling inbound calls on the Sales queue.
- Save your changes by clicking Confirm changes.
- Customers ringing the business will be told to call the number listed next to 'DID' above. If an internal employee needs to call or transfer a call to the Sales Hunt Group, they can use Extension 211.